Saturday, April 9, 2011

Full term tomorrow

Tomorrow is 37 weeks, which is technically full term.

I think I'm about as ready as I'm going to be. I've got my home birth kit all set up in the guest room closet, the trial run of the tub has been done and Shawn knows what he's doing with it. I need to find some ammonia to clean afterwards, and I need to stock up on some Coke and snacks. Other than that, we are ready. Shawn put the new car seat in my car and set up the Amby Baby bassinet in our room. Emma is having a good time putting her animals in there and rocking them to sleep.

Last night, I brought in the 6th pillow to sleep with. I now have 3 under my head for the massive heartburn, one under my belly, one supporting my back, and a pillow plus light blanket for extra height between my knees. It's getting a little ridiculous. Shawn can barely roll over. I am pretty uncomfortable now. My back hurts, the heartburn is crazy, as is the shortness of breath. Shawn said my breathing sounded like a snake slithering through dry leaves because I have so much extra mucus.

I will continue to be patient though and let this baby come when he or she is ready. We still don't have names that we both absolutely love anyway. I keep hoping for that Eureka moment when we will know the names are right. Of course it may all change once we meet the baby, but I want to have a few options that I love before that happens.

Emma the two year old is wonderful and frustrating. I am learning to deal with her outbursts though. Most of the time they are bad when she is either hungry or tired, so I am getting better at anticipating those needs, or intervening earlier when she is melting down beyond repair. Yesterday, she hugged my belly and said, "I love you, Baby." It was so stinking cute, I almost cried. Then latter in the day she said, "Mommy, you so beautiful." I am overwhelmed with love for her. I think that's why I've been able to bond so much more with this pregnancy. I know how fantastic motherhood is and I can't wait to do it some more. Emma is so great, I can only imagine how much I'm going to love this one too. It is such a gift to watch them grow and learn. I am honored to be able to do it again.

1 comment:

minority midwife said...

Congrats Anne!! You're so close. ((hugs))

Kimberly